Student Leader Applications 2019
Student Leaders are selected based on a peer vote and staff input. Being a Student Leader is an honor, but also a huge responsibility that requires a deeper commitment and maturity.
Expectations and requirements for potential Student Leaders:
1. Must be a strong Christian with a growing relationship with Jesus. Your choices and lifestyle should reflect Christ-like values and convictions, and you should have a good reputation among your peers in the student ministry.
2. Must be an active member of the Johnson Ferry Student Ministry.
3. Must be a Junior (DR) and Senior (Peru).
4. Must be mature and responsible - able to be a leader among peers.
5. Must be willing to commit to an intensive discipling/planning process with additional weekly meetings until the mission trip. The meeting schedule will be determined once Student Leaders have been selected, but typically we like to meet on Tuesday evenings.
6. Must have the approval/blessing of parents since this responsibility will require an extra time commitment during the week.
7. Must have a proper understanding of this position. Being a Student Leader is not a popularity contest - and no one has "earned" the right to be a Student Leader. This is a ministry role that gives you the chance to serve others and provide spiritual leadership during the mission experience by leading devotions, prayers, and by shaping the attitude of the trip.
8. Must have previously attended at least one Spring Break mission trip with Johnson Ferry.
If you would like to be considered this year - and you meet the requirements/expectations above - complete this form and return it to the High School Staff by noon on Sunday, January 27th, in order to be considered in the vote.